Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Veterans Day

Present job gives us Veteran's Day off; still can't get over that. I think in my near 50 years, I have had 5-10 Vets days off.

Couple of things, starting on some Criminal Law review; my favorite of the three first year classes. I have had the privilege of knowing a couple of district attorneys in California and while a stressful job probably a pretty cool job.

I was looking at some review courses offered by Fleming's based on recommendations of a fellow student that passed the Baby Bar. Expensive; $70-$85 per cd and outline. I think that if you market anything well to the law student you are guaranteed a profit. I was thinking of marketing 2.5 gallon ziploc bags as laptop bar exam bags. If I get the dreaded "fail" notice re the baby bar, it will be my next investment.

My school, ALU, has sent out the "hey we're here" email for re enrollment. Last year, the Dean was replaced and I think they are in the process of reinventing themselves. The admissions guy, Ron King sent out a very informative email that was aesthetically pleasing. However, their baby and general bar stats still are very low with Concord their competitor only a little bit higher.

My plans at least at this time are to regroup in December, go back to school at NWCU in January, if necessary retake the BB in June and October. If I don't pass, I will at least get out with a BS and a lot of legal knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment