Saturday, November 21, 2009

Just like in "Fargo"

Think of the scene where Steve Buscemi's partner does a u turn in the burnt umber Ciera with tags "DLR..." and he is following the red tempo/tracer who eyewitnessed the shooting of the trooper. The look on his face as he pursuing the car, taking a drag off the cigarette and pursues the vehicle..

Well that was me emailing my second transcript request to ALU. In summary, I am transferring to NWCU from ALU due to the low general bar passage rates: 33% vs 11%. I like everybody at ALU but I have a desire to pass the bar. Ok back to the action: I am putting my ducks together for next year, finding $ from my no raise, no bonus budget, trying to find the lowest interest for 2L tuition, confirming NWCU got my transcripts.

Well yes they did. ALU sent the transcripts from when I was still in class and not after final grades. Sooooo..I send another transcript request.

Couple of issues from the only online law student who is the only person to transfer from online school to online school, I know. But c'mon, can you just help a brother out?

Other stuff; file under "Plan B/or Miss Congeniality plan": University of London has a respectable LL.M degree for Bachelor eligibility. However after giving it three days of obsessive compulsive thought; I just have to focus on this J.D. thing that is omnipresent in my thoughts.

Found a possible mentor program for the retake of the Baby Bar in October. Patrick Gould, http://www.thelawprofessor.com/. Why is this guy different? A. He worked for Concord; respectable bar performance and he worked for NWCU; again respectable bar performance. He professes a different learning technique that is more in sync with the computer era student as opposed to the bricks and mortar guy. Additionally he has a program that shadows the school years as opposed to the out of school bar review; i.e., Barbri, PMBR.

Thanks to my wife for suggesting looking for this saved post.

No comments:

Post a Comment