Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lessons learned

I think about a year before the baby bar, I decided that if I wasnt comfortable with my test scores that it would be cause to enroll in a prep course.

For most 1L students unless you have friends that can give you a clue you are at the mercy of your own research. For my year out preparation, I went for Micromash which has an awesome review book and computerized mbe program.

Six months out I chose Celebration because it appeared to be extremely comprehensive and have a hands on guidance feel to it. The only caveat I would give is that if you work a 9-5 schedule you are limited in the time you can communicate with Jackson Mumey. I will take responsibility for my schedule and ability to organize. Mumey extolls a non IRAC way of essays. I, for my part, used what I would classify as a hybrid IRAC/Celebration/LEEWS method of doing the essay. I am hoping itw as was a good decision.

I think I could have saved a lot of money by only using the Finz/Rigos/Celebration MBE materials.

Adachi flashcards rock; straightforward without storytelling. PMBR are very good.

I listen to and continue to listen to: Barbri, ALU lecture, Life of a law student, Sum and Substance and PMBR lectures on my ipod. I am hoping the Manchurian candidate approach will reinforce itself for this test, the next time I hope I don't have to take and the general bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment